The average living costs for students in this part of Germany are at present about € 600 – 700 per month . For your study period of six months in Ludwigsburg you should therefore reckon with total costs of at least € 3.600. As part of the application process you will be required to confirm that you have a minimum of € 400 per month at your disposal.
Here some examples of expenses:
- Rent for the room at the students village per semester approximately 1470 Euro. That is about 220 Euro per month and includes internet.
- Costs for enrollment and administrative charge and social service contribution: about 130 Euros
- binding for not EU-citizens: German student's health insurance, per semester approximately 470 Euros
- 1 meal at the student's cafeteria with beverage: 2-4 Euros (please click here to see a typical meal plan)
- 1 x washing per load: about 2 Euros
- ticket for cinema visit: 7-9 Euros
Therefore you should anticipate a total sum of at least 3600 Euros for an exchange semester of 4-6 months.
As an Erasmus student you need to keep in mind that the Erasmus subsidy will only cover part of the costs of the exchange.
Even if you will receive a nobel scholarship (for example 2.500 Euros per semester) or financial aid by another institution such as the DAAD or Baden-Württemberg-Stiftung, this sum will not be enough to cover all of your expenses. After all, you must be able to raise some additional money.