American-German Symposium between the UNC Charlotte and LUE
A long tradition of exchange exists between Ludwigsburg University of Education (LUE) and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. In 1981 both institutions started a partnership. The College of Education at UNC Charlotte and LUE organize an annual research symposium – either to be held in Germany or the US. It has created strong academic ties and resulted in a considerable research output in the broader field of comparative American-German education studies.
The basic idea is that of a "research tandem" so that one American and one German research partner work on a joint topic which they present at the annual symposium.
The 25 American-German Faculty Symposium took place at the Ludwigsburg University of Education from 17- 20 June 2019.
The next symposium will take place in Charlotte from 27- 31 July 2020.
Should you be interested to participate in a future symposium, please feel free to contact the following persons for further details:
Dawson R. Hancock, Ph.D
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies Cato College of Education
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte 9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28223-0001
Phone: (+1) 704.687.8863
Facsimile: (+1) 704.687.1485
Ludwigsburg University of Education:
Dr. Nina Jäger
Director International Office
Phone: +49 (0)7141 – 140 417
American-German Faculty Symposia:
- The next American-German Symposium is going to take place in Charlotte from 27-31 July 2020.
- The 25th American- German Faculty Symposium was held at the Ludwigsburg University of Education from 17- 20 June 2019.
- The 24th American- German Faculty Symposium was held at the University of North Carolina from 23- 38 June 2018.
- The 23rd American-German Faculty Symposium was held at the Ludwigsburg University of Education 12-15 June 2017.
- The 22nd American-German Faculty Symposium was held at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 25-28 July 2016.
© Pädagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg