Universities against xenophobia – opportunities for refugees at Ludwigsburg University of Education (LUE)
You can find LUE’s projects here
Anyone interested or active in the field of working with refugees is welcome to join the LUE network. If you have ideas for new projects or want to suggest a new topic, please use the contact form. The project group refugee work at LUE is meeting on a non-regular basis. The purpose of these meetings is to provide opportunities for participants to network and to coordinate the various projects happening at LUE.
- The Forum Migration is aimed at students, staff and the general public. Our goal is to discuss relevant issues regarding migration policy. The Forum Migration generally takes place three times per semester, always on a Thursday evening from 6 pm to 7.30 pm in the Literature Café at LUE
- You can find a report on refugee projects at LUE in the current edition pf the LuPHe (Campus TV).
STUDENTS WHO WANT TO LEARN THE GERMAN LANGUAGE AND STUDY AT LUE OR AT ANOTHER GERMAN UNIVERSITY
- Refugees qualified for university entrance can enroll at LUE as visiting students. In order to receive this status and take part in courses without paying tuition applicants must have German language knowledge at level A2 or B1. For further information please contact the academic advisors of the respective units or the academic advisory service (Mrs. Pathe-Breckner).
- Prospective students who want to finish their studies at LUE can get verification of their qualification for university entrance and contact the academic advisory service for information about the subjects of study. From May to December 2016 the advisory service also offers individual support.
- Click here to get the app “Guide for your first weeks in Germany” offered by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- Links for Learners of German
ADULT EDUCATION AND LEARNING TUTORS
- In April 2016 LUE began offering courses to qualify teachers for language and integration courses: German as a Second Language Certificate
- In October 2015 Dr. Viktoria Ilse started her language mentoring program connecting students at LUE and young people from the Ludwigsburg area who want to improve their German: Sprachpaten
- Links for learning tutors / extra-curricular language classes
SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS
- LUE offers continuing education for teachers in elementary schools and secondary education with international preparatory classes. You can find more information here: Ludwigsburger Weiterbildungen
- The city of Ludwigsburg supports special instruction for school children with immigrant background (Link to the project)
- Links for schools and teachers